Halogen bulbs are actually an advanced variation of incandescent bulb technology. One of the major factors that shorten an incandescent bulb's lifespan is the evaporation of the tungsten within the bulb. By adding a trace amount of a halogen gas (methyl bromide) inside the bulb, a chemical reaction removes the tungsten from the wall of the glass and deposits it back onto the filament, extending the life of the bulb. The higher temperatures of halogen lighting contribute to a whiter light, a higher light output and a greater efficiency.
Light/Heat Beam: 40° - Color Rendering Index: CRI 86 - Thermal Efficiency: 93%
Approximate values at 68°F/20°
Color temp.: 2750 K - Luminous Flux: 520 Lm - Optical efficiency: 10,4 Lm/W
- Highly energy efficient broad-spectrum daylight bulb
- Optimizes heat penetration through increased infrared levels
- Enriches colouration through Neodymium
- Stimulates breeding behaviour and physiological well-being through UVA rays
- Can be combined with Night Heat Lamp or Infrared Basking Spot for a 24-hour cycle
- 110 volts
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE SHIPPED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Due to distribution contracts Hagen has with its distributors around the world, we cannot ship their brands (AquaClear, Exo Terra, Fluval, Marina, and Nutrafin) outside of the United States. Our apologies for any inconvenience!